ABOUT THE COMPANY
As Australia's number one green energy provider they don't just talk about flexibility, innovation and sustainability. Each of the almost 4,000 people play a vital role their our journey. Their passion, dedication and creativity are helping to make a difference.
They are actively pursuing major development projects across the supply chain - from coal seam gas and offshore exploration and production projects through to significant expansion of generation, renewable and retailing capabilities. As one of Australia's top 20 listed companies, by market capitalisation, they are continuing to expand across Australia and internationally. With strong leadership and vision, they are growing - fast.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This position is responsible for providing fundamental analysis of the medium and long term electricity and carbon markets, and their impact.
The role involves the production of the supply/demand modelling of the National Electricity Market as well as the various international and domestic carbon and green markets, and the production of electricity and carbon price forecasts.
This involves producing a market based view of future market trends and price scenarios; constructing models to enable analysis of various market scenarios; and identifying risks and opportunities for the businesses.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Analysis of commodity exposures entering into contracts to buy or sell electricity, gas, oil or LPG, entering into gas or liquids transportation contracts, making decisions on when take-or-pay contractual provisions are to be exercised
- Reconciling settlements to NEMMCO statements, calculating customer sales volumes over time, reviewing production volumes against plan, reviewing actual against expected weather
- Production of long term electricity and carbon price forecasts for use in future investment decisions
- Contribute to development of electricity and carbon market scenarios to determine impacts on future market prices
- Analysis of the company's competitive position in various energy markets to form a view of future electricity market trends
- Develop controls and documentation of models
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant IT discipline such as finance, statistics, engineering or mathematics
- Strong economic modelling and data analysis skills
- Strong experience of financial valuation methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to apply analysis methodologies and interpret and present findings in a clear, concise manner
- Several years post graduate professional experience.
- Strong IT background. MS Access. MS Excel. VBA. Economic modelling
- Knowledge of financial valuation methodologies
- Experience in data analysis and modelling
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
You will be joining the industry leader as an instrumental part in the analysis of their business performance. In addition you will also receive:
- The opportunity to work with leading innovators and thinkers in the energy markets
- On going career options and promotion on your performance
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Generous salary package and benefits
- Modern offices in the heart of Sydney's CBD - close to Wynyard station
- A truly ethical organisation - community initiatives
- Great team - commercially and technically savvy
HOW TO APPLY
For more information in confidence - please call Jenny Madden - 02 9221 6422
An opportunity not to be missed - send your cv by clicking on the apply now!