About the Company
Our client is a highly respected Not For Profit group founded in 1911. Since that time, over 7,000 children and young people have been accommodated and cared for. Their work today continues to provide the best possible care, protection and opportunities for vulnerable children, young people and their families. They are now one of the largest providers of child and family services in New South Wales.
They have more than 80 programs across 27 locations in western and south western Sydney, the central and mid north coast and the Orana region. Each year, they work with more than 5,200 children, young people and families.
About the Opportunity
This is a varied role, with day-to-day duties including:
- Develop and implement record management policy and guidelines in line with the needs and requirements of each of the program, against industry standards ensuring consistency across the organisation
- Provide support, advice and training to management and staff on archival and record management activities
- Coordinating the organisation’s transition from paper based to a technology based records management solution.
- Alignment of archival and record management policies to both internal and external legislation, regulations and policies. This includes Privacy, Information Management, Confidentially and other operational policies
- Provide input into Disaster Management program in relation to identifying present risks to archival and current records and what treatment and protection measures might be required
- Appraisal and collection of historical memorabilia
- Develop and implement memorabilia loan guidelines and policies to external bodies
Applicants will require:
- Tertiary Qualification in Information Management /Graduate Diploma of Archives Administration and/or Records Management
- 3 -5 years experience in an Archival and/or Records Management function including digital and hard copy practices
- Ability to develop and implement policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of State Records Act 1998
- An ability to handle sensitive and confidential information is essential
- Experience implementing and maintaining Records Management/ document management systems
- Proven technical aptitude to understand and support digital/electronic records systems with a clear business outcome
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong time management skills and proven record in delivering to agreed deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Preparedness for metropolitan and country NSW travel as required
This rare opportunity is available due to the current imcumbent relocating. Join a leading Not-for-Profit organisation utilising your strong records management/archivist skills. This is a role which you can truly make your own.
About the Benefits
Not only will you be contributing to a leading organisation, you will also receive:
- 3 days per week
- Generous salary packaging options
- On-site parking
- A chance to make this role your own
- A happy and fun team
- An opportunity to make a big difference
How to Apply
Please call Jenny Madden - 9221 6422 for more information or please send your cv by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.